The purpose of the Dress Code is to encourage students to focus on the learning process without the distractions of unsuitable dress and grooming. Students shall maintain a clean, orderly appearance at all times.
The responsibility for the personal appearance of the student rests with the parent/guardian and the student. Personal appearance shall not detract from the educational process. The following establishes the minimum acceptable standards for student dress to be interpreted and enforced by the administration or designee
- Shirts may not contain any violent, gang related, alcohol or drug related images.
- A dress code appropriate shirt must be worn underneath all sweatshirts. The hood of a hooded sweatshirt or “hoodie” is not allowed to be worn. You may be asked to remove the sweatshirt during morning check-in.
- Low cut, see through, or sleeveless tops are NOT allowed
- NO shorts, skirts, or dresses may be worn
- If jeans or pants have holes, rips, or tears skin may not be visible through these holes.
- Pants must fit appropriately at the waist, not too tight or loose.
- Leggings, yoga style pants, and pajama pants cannot be worn (unless it is to avoid skin being seen through rips, holes, or tears under other jeans or pants)
- Closed toe shoes ONLY
- No flip-flops, slides, sandals, or heels
- Accessories below will NOT be allowed:
- Hoop Earrings; only studs IN EARS permitted
- Piercings of any kind (i.e: tongue, nose, eyebrows, cheek, and lips)
- Hats, caps, bandanas, hoods, sweatbands or sunglasses are prohibited.
The administration reserves the right to make changes based on individual student situations.