The 2016 – 2017 school year is off to a great start at the Success Academy.
Staff and students alike have welcomed the new instructional year and continue to focus on teaching and learning. We, as a school, will continue to focus on the safety of students as well as academic areas. We are committed to preparing our students for the ever-changing world they will meet after leaving the Success Academy.
You will continue to hear our Core Values: “RESPECT”, “COMMITMENT”, and “LEADERSHIP”. Succinctly stated, we will continue to challenge our students academically in ALL areas that are relevant in the 21st Century.
The Success Academy is an Alternative School created to address the academic and social-emotional needs of students by providing wrap-around services.
The Success Academy Commitment:
- Embraces and is compassionate towards students who face challenges in their life.
- Utilizes Restorative Practices in school discipline matters.
- Engages the community by developing partnerships to provide additional resources to students.
- Works collaboratively with FMTC to expose students to career options and opportunities.
- Engages families and students to identify and address underlying root causes of behavior.
- Provides instruction and community-based projects that align with the vision of the Success Academy.
- Supports the integration of JROTC/Leadership as an integral part of the curriculum.
- Supports the use of Google Chromebooks to support personalized learning.
From the moment scholars enter The Success Academy, we are committed to their success in school and in life. The Academy functions as one system, and as scholars advance, teachers, school & community leaders collaborate on each student’s academic and social-emotional needs to ensure scholars transition smoothly. We personalize our engaging and rigorous approach across each grade level to teach core knowledge and critical thinking and then develop the independence and self-advocacy skills scholars will need to SUCCEED!
If any member of the Success Academy staff or I can assist you or your student, please do not hesitate to call upon us. I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at school. I hope you and your family members have a terrific year!
Dr. Marti B. Iovine, Principal